Thursday, January 15, 2009

Make & Take Mistakes!

A fellow SU! demonstrator here in town had a downline meeting on Monday night, and was gracious in letting "orphan" demonstrators, like me, join in the fun. (Orphan demonstrators are those whose uplines live very far away, or who are no longer active in SU!) Kimberly had just returned from a SU! Leadership Seminar, and brought a stamp set from the new catalog for us to do a Make & Take with. I was totally yakking my head off about the new catalog, and only did some quick stamping before I left...and I royally messed up. Since it was a new catalog set and I can't order it until January 19th, I couldn't just have a do-over at home. So, here's Lesson #1 in covering up smeared ink mistakes: sponge the daylights out of the card, and hope no one notices!


And I promise I wasn't trying to pretend I could pull off the old artsy fartsy display with the picture by sticking SU! product in the corner of it. I couldn't get the card to stand up on my slick tabletop, so the container of brads was keeping it from doing the card splits and sliding open and flat onto the table surface.

Stampin' Supplies: Good Friend stamp set*, Raspberry Tart Designer Series Paper*, Whisper White card stock, Kiwi Kiss card stock, Chocolate Chip ink, Kiwi Kiss ink, So Saffron ink, Pink Pirouette ink refill (used for watercolor on flowers) Stampin' Sponge, Blender Pens, Pretty in Pink Tafetta Ribbon, Pretty in Pink brads, Keytag Punch (you have to cut your paper no taller than the height of the punch, stamp your saying, then slide only one end of your paper strip into the Keytag Punch to get one side rounded like that).

*Denotes New Catalog Product! You can shop the new catalog in my ONLINE STORE starting January 19th at NOON MST!!! Feel free to email me if you'd like to Book a Party with me, and get your FREE COPY OF THE NEW CATALOG, as well as the opportunity to complete your own Make & Takes with new stamp sets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Comments are moderated and may take a while to show up...please be patient!

NOTE: If you would like to read any replies to your comment, please be sure you check the Notify Me box. If you would prefer an email response from me, please contact me at procrastistamper@gmail.com, as I do NOT receive an email address in association with your comment. Thank you!