Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"L" is not always for "Loser"!

I intended for my card templates to be posted on Mondays, but since yesterday was a holiday, I held off posting until today! Last week's card template was a simple cross design. This week's template is somewhat similar--it's an 'L' shape. In the card above, the 'L' has actually been flipped vertically, as it goes up the left side of the card, and across the top. Balance is important in any card design, so I made sure to place a saying in a coordinating color at the bottom right, to ensure the card didn't seem top heavy. And if you're looking at that saying trying to figure out where it came from, I'll give you a hint--it's not in any of our catalogs. I'm giving you a little sneak peek at one of the stamp sets you can earn for FREE between February 1st and March 17th, during the annual Sale-A-Bration! (more on that to come at the end of the month...)
In the cards below, you'll see the 'L' again (this time right side up!) with a third element at the top right of each card for balance. Laying out a design with an odd number of elements is always pleasing to the eye. I used a triangular placement of 3 focal points on each card, which also helps the viewer to sweep across the entirety of the card at a glance.



I have to confess that, as awesome as they are, I did not come up with the color combinations for any of these cards on my own. I used a particular package of Designer Series Paper in the design of each one, and "borrowed" the combinations of colors from the package of paper I used! The coordinating colors are not listed in the catalog, but I can help you find coordinating supplies for each Designer Series Paper package when you contact me with your order.

Wanted Card Supplies: Wanted stamp set; Western Sky Designer Series Paper; Blue Bayou card stock and ink pad, River Rock, Soft Sky and Whisper White card stock; Star punch; 1-1/4" Square punch; Crop-A-Dile (3/16" hole punch); Jumbo Eyelets; Hemp Twine; Mini Glue Dots®; Stampin' Dimensionals®.

One of a Kind Card Supplies: One of a Kind stamp set; Bali Breeze Designer Series Paper; Taken with Teal, Rose Red and Old Olive card stock; Basic Black ink pad; Word Window punch; 3/16" Corner Rounder; 1/16" and 1/8" Circle hole punches; Build-A-Brad; Hodgepodge Hardware; Black 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Urban West Rub-Ons.

Sweet Shapes Card Supplies: Sweet Shapes stamp set; Berry Bliss Designer Series Paper; Purely Pomegranate and Close to Cocoa card stock and ink pads; Pretty in Pink card stock; 1" and 1-1/4" Circle Punch; Stampin' Dimensionals®.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Comments are moderated and may take a while to show up...please be patient!

NOTE: If you would like to read any replies to your comment, please be sure you check the Notify Me box. If you would prefer an email response from me, please contact me at procrastistamper@gmail.com, as I do NOT receive an email address in association with your comment. Thank you!