Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

I was informed by a good friend that I need to update my blog, because she wants to see what I've been stamping lately--so here's the deal:
I have been caught up in a frenzy since Thanksgiving, it seems. My mom got remarried (after being divorced like 25 years) at the end of last month, and she's been slowly moving out of her apartment throughout this month. My sweetie did some traveling for a couple of weeks back to back, and was home for part of a weekend in-between. My sweetie's kids have been coming over on a different weekend schedule, making it hectic between the business trips. My kids were supposed to be gone to NY visiting their dad from the 22nd to the 29th, but their dad canceled the plans at the last minute, so the kids are unexpectedly (but delightedly) hanging around the house with mom. In the meantime we had a Stampin' Up!® retiring list, a new catalog coming out, and these crazy things called the "holidays" kept buzzing in, demanding my attention! So, each time I kept thinking I'd sneak off and catch up with my stamping, picture-taking, and blogging, I got snagged!!
Because many of my holiday supplies are retiring, I wanted to focus on using them (one last time) to make my cards and creations. That's how the cards I'm sharing today have come about. The Wintergreen paper and the metallic elastic cording is already retired, and the Hostess stamp set will be gone with the arrival of the new catalog. Most of the other items I've managed to stamp recently have been given as gifts, and because of my procrastistampiness, I did them at the last minute and did not get pictures before they left the house. (Even my kids scolded me for that.) The only reason I was able to get a shot of my cards is that I haven't sent them out yet. Yes, I chose the saying "Happy Holidays" for a reason: it applies until the New Year arrives, and my cards should be mailed by then!
Of course, you have probably guessed that I have some major resolutions for 2008 centered around my stamping and blogging...but I'll leave you for now with glad tidings on this holiday. I'm supposed to be helping with the turkey lunch/dinner right now, but I just had to get this one blog entry posted today.
Thank you for giving me one of the greatest gifts I've enjoyed this year--the opportunity to share my passion for stamping, with you!
Stampin' Supplies: Perfect Presentation (Fall/Winter Catalog Hostess-Only stamp set); Snowfall stamp set ("Happy Holidays" saying); Soft Sky, Celery, and Always Artichoke card stock; Wintergreen Designer Series Paper (retired); Soft Sky, Basic Black and Always Artichoke ink pads; Sage Shadow eyelets (retired); Gold Elastic Cord (retired); Crop-a-Dile; 1/16" Circle Punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Comments are moderated and may take a while to show up...please be patient!

NOTE: If you would like to read any replies to your comment, please be sure you check the Notify Me box. If you would prefer an email response from me, please contact me at procrastistamper@gmail.com, as I do NOT receive an email address in association with your comment. Thank you!